The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
King crab season extended exceptionally Chile
The fishermen of Magallanes will be able to continue catching king crab until December 10, as it was informed by the Undersecretariat of Fisheries and Aquaculture.
Pingtan adds two new jiggers to its fleet China
Global fishing company Pingtan Marine Enterprise Ltd. has completed construction on its two squid jigging vessels, which are ready to depart for their fishing designation.
Copyright 1995 - 2016 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER