The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
Greenpeace makes strong claims at bluefin tuna auction Taiwan
Amid Greenpeace’s protests for better protection measures to be implemented for the bluefin tuna, the sale of the first landing of the species took place in the framework of the first Pingtung Bluefin Tuna Cultural Festival.
No signs of herring seen in Togiak United States
The first aerial survey of the Togiak District conducted by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game this week finished without spotting herring schools in the fishery.
Copyright 1995 - 2014 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER