The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
Shrimp exports maintain a growing trend Viet Nam
Vietnamese shrimp exports maintained a growing trend thanks to the stable demand from major markets and to the global shrimp price also on the rise amid the decline in the global supply of the resource.
Thai Union nominated for 2016 'Stop Slavery Award' Thailand
Thai Union has been nominated for Thomson Reuters Foundation's inaugural Stop Slavery Award in recognition to its efforts to ensure that those working in the industry at large are also protected.
Copyright 1995 - 2016 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER