The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
Bumble Bee Foods’ lawsuit sent to Superior Court United States
A class-action suit filed in 2012 accusing Bumble Bee Foods of mislabeling tuna and related products was not dismissed at federal court but the lawsuit was remanded to Superior Court.
John West denies Greenpeace’s accusations United Kingdom
The canning firm John West group denies the fishing boat recently broadcast in a video by Greenpeace to show the firm’s alleged unsustainable practices belongs to them or their parent company, MW Brands.
Copyright 1995 - 2014 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER