The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
Jealsa has an eye on Brazil Spain
The Spanish company Jealsa Rianxeira aims to lead the canned fish sector in Brazilian territory by building a 100,000 square metre plant and generating a thousand jobs.
Bigeye tuna fisheries worsening, new assessments show New Caledonia
New assessments on the status of key regional tuna stocks recently released by the Secretariat of the Pacific Community show that bigeye has now been reduced to less than 20 per cent of its unfished stock size.
Copyright 1995 - 2014 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER