The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
Genetically improved tilapia delivered to Ivory Coast Brazil
A shipment of genetically improved tilapia was delivered this week to the Government of Ivory Coast by the head of the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture from Brazil continuing a relation that started more than four decades ago.
IATTC fails to improve tuna and shark conservation European Union
The European Commission has expressed its disappointment with the outcomes of the 87th Annual meeting of the Inter American Tropical Tuna Commission, which finished on 18 July in Lima, Peru.
Copyright 1995 - 2014 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER