The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
Reconstruction plan after earthquake and tsunami reaches 95pc Chile
In less than a year after the 8.4 Richter-scale earthquake and subsequent tsunami hitting the Region of Coquimbo and northern central areas of the country, SUBPESCA released a balance of the major reconstruction advances of "Coquimbo Restarts" program.
Does oxidized fish oil pose health risks? New Zealand
There is no evidence of a food safety risk associated with fish oil supplements currently on the New Zealand market, according to the Ministry for Primary Industries and the Ministry of Health.