The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
MPA considers association with major environmental NGO Brazil
One of the main issues discussed by the Minister for Fisheries and Aquaculture with representatives of The Nature Conservancy was how to develop fish farming in the Amazon region, and at the same time avoid the pressure of deforestation, particularly in the region of Xingu.
Copyright 1995 - 2015 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER