The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
Tesco's sales fall while Aldi and Lidl consolidate United Kingdom
Britain's biggest supermarket chain Tesco reported a fall in sales amounting to 1.3 per cent in its first quarter, lower than expected, whereas Morrisons, Aldi and Lidl achieved growth in their sales.
Seafood exports reach historic record India
Seafood product exports during the financial year 2014-2015 reached an all-time high of USD 5,511 million, boosted by favourable international market conditions.
Copyright 1995 - 2015 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER