Welcome to FIS   Sponsored By
United States
Subscribe to FIS | Register with FIS | Advertise with FIS | Newsletter | About FIS | Contact us
If you would like to send us an article, contact the editor Micaela Berce

IN BRIEF - Fisheries will grow by 250,000 tonnes if the Hague favors Peru

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The fisheries sector in Tacna would be one of the main beneficiaries if a favorable verdict wii be provided to Peru at the International Court in The Hague. The verdict , which will end the dispute with Chile over a sea area , will be issued on 27 January.

The regional production director , Luis Muñante said that if the positive result would have a larger area of ??sea for fishing. This was reflected in an increase in production hydrobiological 250 thousand tons per year. The amount is currently extracted by the neighboring country of Chile, the area in dispute, and is the third of its fish production.
If Peru obtained the sovereignty of the area would be allocated 20% of the volume of production for direct human consumption and the remaining 80 % for industrial fishing. Among the species that focus on most in the area are mackerel, anchovies, tuna and parrot .
They are currently thirteen Peruvian fishing vessels are detained in Arica for having entered the area remains in dispute with Chile to perform fishing operations.
Source : larepublica.pe


Tuesday, February 25, 2014


IN BRIEF - Copeinca ASA 2013 positive fishing results

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

On January 7th, 2014, Copeinca ASA ("Copeinca") completed the second fishing season for 2013, successfully catching 100% of its quota. Copeinca processed 15.6% of the Total Allowable Catch ("TAC") of 2,304,000 MT, out of which 10.7% came from its own catch and 4.9% from third party fishing companies. Total production for the season was 80,817 MT of steam dried ("SD") fishmeal and 11,569 MT of fish oil.

For the full 2013 fishing season, the Company processed 15.1% of the TAC of 4,354,000 MT, out of which 10.7% came from its own catch.  

Copeinca produced 152,000 MT of fishmeal and 26,066 MT of fish oil.  100% of fishmeal production was of SD standard, with a yield of 24.9%. Fish oil production had a 3.7% yield, making the total yield 28.6%.

Source: Nasdaq

IN BRIEF - China's ICBC plans to start Peru bank operations

Thursday, January 30, 2014

LIMA -- China's biggest bank is planning to start operations in Peru in February as it looks to profit from the growing presence of Chinese firms that have snatched up natural resources in the Andean country.

The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd., known as the ICBC, said Wednesday that its office in Lima will focus on corporate banking by providing financing to Chinese companies operating in Peru, as well as working with Peruvian exporters that want to do business in China and other Asian countries.

The ICBC is the first Chinese-owned bank to enter Peru's financial sector, where it will compete with Banco de Credito del Peru, the country's largest bank by assets. Other leading banks in Peru are Spain's BBVA Banco Continental, Canada's Scotiabank, and Peru's Interbank.

Chinese interest in Peru has also extended to the energy and fishing sectors. In November, China National Petroleum Corp., China's largest integrated-oil and natural-gas producer, announced a $2.6 billion deal to acquire the oil-and-gas assets in Peru of Brazil's Petroleo Brasileiro SA.

Other Chinese acquisitions of Peruvian assets last year included China Fishery Group Ltd.'s purchase of Peru's Copeinca ASA, which is the world's third-largest fishmeal and fish-oil producer. Peru is the world's biggest producer of fishmeal, which is used in fertilizer and animal feed.

Source: Market Watch

IN BRIEF - Isaac Finger is appointed CFO of Copeinca ASA.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On 11th October, Mr. Isaac Finger has been appointed CFO of Copeinca ASA.

Mr. Finger has a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering with a Master's Science Degree in Finance from Rochester University, New York, USA. He has vast experience at the position of CFO in various industries such as mining and fishery, among others.

"Copeinca thanks Mr. Chiri Gutierrez for his contribution to the company during his tenure as CFO, and wishes him success in his future endeavours," says Jose Miguel Tirado, CEO of Copeinca ASA.


IN BRIEF - Camposol: Disclosure of large shareholding

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Reference is made to the announcement dated 24 June 2013 regarding the conditional share purchase agreement entered into between Golden Target Pacific Limited, Dyer Coriat Holding S.L. (DCH) and Weilheim Investments S.L on 21 June 2013, for the acquisition of shares in Camposol Holding Plc by DCH and Weilheim from Golden Target.

Pursuant to the Agreement, DCH, having notification duties as primary insider of Camposol, has purchased on 2 Sept. 2,704,080 Camposol shares from Golden Target. The sale price for each share is USD 3.10 as further described in the announcement made on 24 June 2013.

Source: 4-Traders


IN BRIEF - Pablo Trapunsky resigned from the CEO position of Copeinca ASA

Monday, September 02, 2013

The Board of Directors of Copeinca ASA announces that Mr. Pablo Trapunsky has resigned from the Chief Executive Officer position.

"Copeinca recognizes and values Mr. Trapunsky for his contribution and dedication to the company, which was crucial for the company's growth and consolidation in the industry. He held various positions throughout the years; from Operations Officer back in 2004, to Deputy CEO in 2008 and CEO since 2011, positions in which he managed all of our operations such as harvesting, production, logistics, sales, shipments, safety, quality, maintenance and other projects. We take this opportunity to thank him and wish him all the best on his future endeavours", says Samuel Dyer Coriat, Chairman of Copeinca ASA.


IN BRIEF - Copeinca ASA: 2013 first fishing season results

Monday, August 05, 2013

In reference to the announcement released on 29 April, 2013 regarding the first fishing season 2013. Copeinca successfully completed its first fishing season's quota.


Total capture was around 1,950,000 MT, which represents around 95 per cent of the total quota. The Company processed 15.2 per cent of the total Peruvian quota, of which 10.7 per cent came from own fleet and 4.8 per cent from third parties.


Copeinca produced 71,000 MT of fishmeal and 14,500 MT of fish oil. Fishmeal production had a 23.7 per cent yield while fish oil production had a 5.1per cent yield. The total production yield was 28.8 per cent.


IN BRIEF - MKB Invest AS, an invetment company wholly owned by Mimi K. Berdal, a Director of Copeinca ASA, accepts CFGL'S offer for his own sharehold

Thursday, July 25, 2013

In reference to the current voluntary offer from China Fishery Group Limited (CFLG) for all the outstanding shares of Copeinca made by its indirect subsidiary Grand Success Investment (Singapore) Private Limited at NOK 68.17 launched on 16th July 2013, which values the entire share capital of Copeinca ASA at NOK 4,786 million, and which offer period commenced on 17th July 2013 and ends on 31st July 2013 at 21:00 hours (CET) (subject to extension).

MKB Invest AS, an investment company wholly owned by Mimi K. Berdal, a director of Copeinca ASA, accepted on 18th July 2013, CFGL's offer for his own shareholding, which amounts to 9,000 shares.


IN BRIEF - Pablo Trapunsky, CEO of Copeinca ASA, accepts CFGL's offer for his own shareholding

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

In reference to the current voluntary offer from China Fishery Group Limited (CFGL) for all the outstanding shares of Copeinca made by its indirect subsidiary Grand Success Investment (Singapore) Private Limited at NOK 68.17 launched on July 16th 2013, which values the entire share capital of Copeinca ASA at NOK 4,786 million, and which offer period commenced on July 17th 2013 and ends on July 31st 2013 at 21:00 hours (CET) (subject to extension).


Mr. Pablo Trapunsky, CEO of Copeinca ASA, accepted on July 19th 2013, CFGL's offer for his own shareholding, which amounts to 4,000 shares.


IN BRIEF - Statement from the board of Directors of Copeinca ASA

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This statement is made by the Board of Directors of Copeinca ASA in connection with the new voluntary offer from China Fishery Group Limited (CFGL) for all the outstanding shares of Copeinca made by its indirect subsidiary Grand Success Investment (Singapore) Private Limited. This statement is made pursuant to Section 6-16, cf. Section 6-19 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act of 2007.

On 16 July 2013, the Offeror announced the launch of the New Offer through an offer document dated 16 July 2013 submitted to Copeinca's shareholders.

The price in the New Offer is NOK 68.17 per share of Copeinca, payable in cash. The New Offer Price values the entire share capital of Copeinca at NOK 4,786 million.

For more information read here


1 2 3 4 5 6
Click to know how to advertise in FIS
Apr 23, 04:00 (GMT + 9):
Climatic changes pose serious threats to the fishing sector
Apr 23, 03:20 (GMT + 9):
Environmental licenses hinder shrimp farming development
United Kingdom
Apr 23, 03:10 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - Feeling Fyne: Iconic oyster company given royal seal of approval
Apr 23, 03:10 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - Trash fishing eating up marine wealth
Apr 23, 03:00 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - ‘SEALECT Tuna' Launches the Latest TVC
United States
Apr 23, 02:40 (GMT + 9):
Chinese market becomes an alternative to deal with invasive carp
Apr 23, 01:50 (GMT + 9):
'Retentions' charged to fishing firm declared unconstitutional
Sierra Leone
Apr 23, 01:10 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - Fire forces crew to abandon South Korean trawler off Sierra Leone coast
Apr 23, 01:10 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - Green light for River Murray prawn farm
United States
Apr 23, 01:10 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - Chairman of the Board for Ocean Beauty Seafood's Talks Sockeye in Dillingham
Apr 23, 01:10 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - Danish Eel Expedition 2014: First phase successfully completed
Apr 23, 01:10 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - Former Maine tribal official caught in elver case
United States
Apr 23, 01:10 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - Land-farmed salmon: Coming (temporarily) to a restaurant or store near you
Apr 23, 00:50 (GMT + 9):
BAP-certified shrimp a 'buy' option, recommends Seafood Watch
European Union
Apr 23, 00:00 (GMT + 9):
IN BRIEF - Novartis and GSK trade assets as pharma industry reshapes

Greenpeace makes strong claims at bluefin tuna auction
Taiwan Amid Greenpeace’s protests for better protection measures to be implemented for the bluefin tuna, the sale of the first landing of the species took place in the framework of the first Pingtung Bluefin Tuna Cultural Festival.
Climatic changes pose serious threats to the fishing sector
India The fisheries sector in Kerala could experience a strong impact due to climatic change, according to a report prepared by the Department of Environment and Climate Change.
Century Pacific hopes to make USD 71 million at the Stock Exchange
Philippines Leading food manufacturer Century Pacific Foods Inc.expects to collect about USD 71 million for the sale of a tenth of the company’s outstanding capital stock through an initial public offering.
European Parliament approves EUR 6.5 billion aid for fisheries sector
European Union MEPs adopted the operating rules of the new European Maritime and Fisheries Fund, which has a budget of EUR 6.5 billion until 2020 to help fishermen to meet the objectives of the common fisheries policy,
Maruha Nichiro Corporation
Nichirei Corporation -Headquarter-
Pesquera El Golfo S.A.
Ventisqueros - Productos del Mar Ventisqueros S.A
Wärtsilä Corporation -Wartsila Group Headquarter-
ITOCHU Corporation -Headquarter-
BAADER - Nordischer Maschinenbau Rud. Baader GmbH (Head Office)
Inmarsat plc - Global Headquarters
Marks & Spencer
Tesco PLC (Supermarket) - Headquarters
Pescanova, S.A. - Group Headquarters
Sea Harvest Corporation (PTY) Ltd.
I&J - Irvin & Johnson Limited
Blue Continent Products (Pty) Ltd - (Oceana Group Limited)
Pesquera San Jose S.A.
Nutreco N.V. - Head Office
CNFC International Fisheries Corp. - Group Headquarters
W. van der Zwan & Zn. B.V.
SMMI - Sunderland Marine Mutual Insurance Co., Ltd. - Headquarters
Icicle Seafoods Inc. -Headquarter-
Starkist Seafood Co. - Headquearters
Trident Seafoods Corp.
American Seafoods Group LLC - Head Office
Marel ehf - Group Headquarters
SalMar ASA - Group Headquarters
Sajo Industries Co., Ltd
Hansung Enterprise Co.,Ltd.
BIM - Irish Sea Fisheries Board (An Bord Iascaigh Mhara)
CEFAS - Centre for Environment, Fisheries & Aquaculture Science
COPEINCA ASA - Corporacion Pesquera Inca S.A.C.
Chun Cheng Fishery Enterprise Pte Ltd.
Food Project (Siam) Co., Ltd.
VASEP - Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters & Producers
Gomes da Costa
Furuno Electric Co., Ltd. (Headquarters)
NISSUI - Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd. - Group Headquarters
FAO -Food and Agriculture Organization- Fisheries and Aquaculture Department (Headquarter)
Hagoromo Foods Co., Ltd.
Koden Electronics Co., Ltd. (Headquarters)
A.P. Møller - Maersk A/S - Headquarters
BVQI - Bureau Veritas Quality International (Head Office)
UPS - United Parcel Service, Inc. - Headquarters
Hamburg Süd Group - (Headquearters)
Armadora Pereira S.A. - Group Headquarters
NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Headquarters)
Omega Protein Corporation -Headquarter-
Grupo Calvo - Luis Calvo Sanz, S.A. (Group Headquarter)
Marona S.A.
Marine Harvest ASA - Headquarters
Marubeni Europe Plc -UK-
Findus Ltd
Icom Inc. (Headquarter)
WWF Centroamerica
Oceana Group Limited
The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
Ajinomoto Co., Inc. -Headquarter-
Friosur S.A. - Headquarters
Cargill, Incorporated - Global Headquarters
Benihana Inc.
Leardini Pescados Ltda
Mitsubishi Corporation Marine Products Depts. D.Team
CJ Corporation  -Holding Headquarter-
Greenpeace International - The Netherlands
David Suzuki Foundation
Fisheries and Oceans Canada -Communications Branch-
Mitsui & Co.,Ltd - Headquarters
Ocean Trawlers Group - Ocean Trawlers HK Ltd.
Natori Co., Ltd.
Carrefour Supermarket - Headquarters
FedEx Corporation -Headquarter-
AKBM - Aker BioMarine ASA
Seafood Choices Alliance -Headquarter-
Austevoll Seafood ASA
Walmart / Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Supermarket) -Headquarter-
New Japan Radio Co.Ltd (JRC) -Head Office-
Gulfstream JSC
INVE Group - Head Office
Marine Stewardship Council  - MSC Worldwide
Royal Dutch Shell plc (Headquarter)
Genki Sushi Co.,Ltd -Headquarter-
Iceland Pelagic ehf
AXA Assistance Argentina S.A.
Caterpillar Inc. - Headquarters
Tiger Brands Limited
Morpol ASA - Group Headquarters
National Geographic Society
AmazonFresh, LLC - AmazonFresh

Copyright 1995 - 2014 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved.   DISCLAIMER