Dongwon Fisheries Co., Ltd. is a Korea-based company specialized in deep-sea fishing, the distribution of marine products and processing of seafood.
The Company has three major segments: Marine Products segment, which provides tunas from its deep-sea fishing; Food Process segment, which provides bread crumbs and processed seafood products, and Trade segment, engaged in the wholesale and retail of seafood products.
The Company also provides cold storage services and rental services. The Company has established overseas subsidiaries in China and New Zealand. The Company own 16 Tuna longliners and 3 Trawlers.
Entered New Zealand waters early 1980 (Currently operating 3 trawl vessels) .New Zealand pure sea area is well-recognized as one of the best managed fishing areas in the world and is expected to remain unchanged in future.
Vessel operation is based in Timaru, located in the South Island, New Zealand has dedicated better efficiency in fishing operation including loading/unloading, distribution, storage, etc.
Long liner vessel
- Main fishing Area: The Pacific, The Atlantic, Indian Ocean .
- Freeze the tuna ultra cold storage(under ?60°C) without any delay after catch to guarantee the quality and freshness.
- Annual Catch: approximately 5,000MT
- Majority of high quality tuna is processed in You Wang Co., Ltd, a subsidiary of Dong Won.
- Main exporting country : Japan, Europe etc.
- In 1998, established San Won Co., Ltd in Timaru, New Zealand with Sanford Ltd, the largest fishering
- company in New Zealand.
- Cold storage with 5,000 MT capacity with investment of NZ$ 4million
- Expanded storage capacity to 10,000MT in 2002 to store fishes species for exporting.
Weihai Dong Won Food, Co.Ltd., is located in the Weihai Economic and Technical Development Zone designed by the State Council of China.
It’s proximity to the ports of Qingdao, Yantai and Weihai allows for quick and efficient import of raw material and export of finished products to our customers.
It is a joint venture company with Sanford, the largest fishing company in New Zealand and Dong Won Co., Ltd Main Products: Breaded Hoki, , Breaded Squid, Squid Ring, Broiled fish, Skin-on Fillets, Skinless Boneless fillets, Kelp Noodle etc. Main export markets: Japan, USA, Oceania, Europe & Korea
Dong Won factory Pusan
Located at 569-34, Sinpyung-dong, Saha-gu, Busan, consisting of two plants - the first plant (completed on 28 November, 1987), the second (completed on 6 December, 1989). We started tuna processing and have now entered into new fields such as freezing, refrigeration and fish processing. We are making efforts to store tuna in ultra low freezer coolstores. Additionally, we have subsidized students for 32 years as a contribution to community and a profit return scheme.