Socorex Isba SA is often referred to as just Socorex, the name under which it was first founded in the late 1940's. Two young watchmakers had identified the need for new types of quality syringes for medical applications. The products rapidly met with success internationally. In search for synergies, the company merged with another firm a few years later. Renamed Socorex Isba S.A., the new entity moved to Lausanne on Lake Geneva in 1960. Its growth, particulary in the laboratory field, soon forced the company out of the city to its today's larger, expandable facility in Ecublens, home of the Federal institute of technology (EPFL) and University of Lausanne (UNIL).
Today's manufacturing programme includes a wide variety of high precision instruments used for reliably measuring, dosing, transferring, dispensing and injecting liquids in a large number of applications. Manual and electronic micropipettes, multichanel pipettors, repeater pipettes, dispensers, pipette controllers and re-usable syringes, together with their accessories, constitute the heart of the programme. Each precision instrument bears its own serial number and passes a strict performance control attested by an individual QC certificate. "One stop does all" is the moto of the Socorex Service Center offering a global repair and calibration programme. The choice ranges from basic maintenance to accredited calibrations of all micropipettes and dispensers according to ISO 17025 - whatever their brand.