The Scottish Salmon Company is the leading Scottish-based producer of Scottish salmon, providing superior quality Scottish salmon to local and international markets. It currently produces more than 20,000 tonnes per year, over 20% of the total Scottish production.
The company is engaged in all stages of the value chain of farming Scottish salmon, from smolt production to harvesting, processing and sales, in Scotland. It owns 42 sites on the Hebrides and West Coast of Scotland including two processing plants.
The head office is located in Edinburgh and the company currently employs over 350 people, many of whom live in remote rural communities.
The Company was named Best Marine Aquaculture Company 2011 at the Scottish Marine Aquaculture Awards, sponsored by the Crown Estates.
It is listed on Oslo Bors stock exchange.
25 September 2019: P/F Bakkafrost is pleased to announce today that it has signed a binding agreement for the acquisition of 68.6% of The Scottish Salmon Company Plc (“SSC”) from Northern Link Ltd (the “Transaction”). Successful acquisition of the 68.6% majority stake will trigger a Mandatory Tender Offer for the remaining 31.4% free float in SSC.
No capelin quota in the Barents Sea in 2021 Norway
The capelin stock is well below the limit for the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) to recommend a quota.
It is the echo sounder registrations on the annual ecosystem cruise...